THEY HAVE SHIPPED!

No chicks for me today. :( I dragged 3 kids to the PO at 3:45, and the lady working there acted like I was crazy. She said the chick packages only come first thing in the morning. I told her that they were sent 1 day Priority Express and tracking said it would be there at noon today (though it hasn't been scanned since last night), but she just kept saying no, no, no. It hope they are okay.
Oh, I am so sorry they didn't come in today! I hope they are there bright and early tomorrow - it is amazing how stressful it is waiting for those baby chicks.

Sorry to hear that kattington. Hopefully you will see those babies tomorrow an they are all right. Leah I'm gonna stick with Australorp for now knowing me though its some completely different bird. I can't even tell my jersey giant and Australorp apart. Well I think I can buy I'm not sure

Meyer ships out of Cleveland and your should have gone straight to Indianapolis last night. I am surprised you didnt get them. I was able to call Fed ex and give them the shipping number, you have to be persistant though. Some of them persist that they dont do things for the post office, yes they do, all air mail goes by Fed ex like that, post office does not own planes. It is called smart post, give them a try. Call the post office 800 and ask if you can pick up in Indianapolis. I will be scared all summer for these chicks. Nothing is going to change over night, the reality is the hatcheries should require people to pick up at the near air hub city after May 31st. At least I have some post office people and congress people looking at this. The postal affairs advocate out right called what happened animal cruelty, she had know idea this kind of thing went on. She thought they took much better care of precious live cargo. I pray each week for everyones safe arrival to wonderful homes

Sorry to hear that kattington. Hopefully you will see those babies tomorrow an they are all right. Leah I'm gonna stick with Australorp for now knowing me though its some completely different bird. I can't even tell my jersey giant and Australorp apart. Well I think I can buy I'm not sure

I'm guessing Australorp, too. I guess we'll know for sure once she feathers out!

My chicks are shipping tomorrow morning! 30 chicks!! They should be here Thursday. Hopefully the summer heat won't hurt them!

Laci what kinds are you getting and where are they coming from? Sending good chickie thoughts your way for the safe arrival of chicks.

Cackle Hatchery! I'm getting 10 STR assorted silkie bantams, 5 STR assorted Cochin bantams, and 15 assorted heavy layers!! Layers are all pullets.

I'm also hatching 11 eggs of my own at the moment and ones out, another's pecking!!

Thats awesome! What kind are you hatching? I absolutely love chickens. I'm in the process of trying to convince DH to build me a second larger coop next year so I can add more to my flock. If he doesn't it will have to wait until the year after so I can start replacing them. I think next year I'm going to try to find me a frizzle polish. If I can't I'm going to have to get an incubator and try to hatch my own. Have you used Cackle before? If so how do you like them?

Back
Top Bottom