THEY HAVE SHIPPED!

They are absolutely precious. Sorry about the little one though. Sometimes the shipping process turns out to be too much for one or two chicks. My first order of 25 came with what appeared to be all happy and healthy birds. Within 24 hours we lost two to the stress of shipping. Everyone else did/are doing great. Be prepared just in case she does not make it...especially if you have young children that are involved in your chicken adventure. Just a hint for the next time. When I know that my chicks will arrive on a certain day I am at the post office early. I stick my head in the back door (usually on a loading dock) and let them know that I am there to pick up a live animal delivery. They are always happy to get the little peepers out of their hair and responsibility as soon as possible.

Sav-a-chick electrolytes in the water help too, a little bit like sugar water does. I hope your little chick makes it. The others are all so adorable!

Our chicks are getting to be pretty big themselves. The have gone out to live in the coop and run now, but are still super friendly, running up to us when we go in and hopping all over us if we happen to sit down!

I'll post pictures of them a little later, after I plug my camera into the computer. I'm suffering from laziness right now and don't feel like going to get the camera.
hide.gif

xiao, I can't wait to see pics. My chicks are not out with their big sisters yet. If it's nice tomorrow I am going to have the DH put up a little pen inside of the big girls run so I can start bringing the chicks up there. Hopefully that way when they go up there for good there won't be too many issues.

We had one that didn't make it when we shipped.
sad.png
It was really sad.....it was a little Silkie and she was barely moving when we got her. She also had Wry neck.

Hmm... I don't seem to be able to upload pictures right now. Also all the pictures on the site have disappeared! I'll try again tomorrow, I've got all my pictures on the computer now.

Edited to correct a lousy spelling mistake!

Last edited:
Mine came in this morning! 27 and all made it! We did a mix, so we don't know what they are yet--did a good photo session and got close-ups, but this website is giving me a red error message every time I try to upload. Worked fine yesterday!! :(
I have 16 more arriving tomorrow--Welsummers, Lavender Orpingtons, Olive Eggers, Ameracuanas, Black Copper Marans.
Can't wait--hope they're as vigorous and beautiful as the ones I got today!!

Sarah

Back
Top Bottom