They're Baaaaack (follow up)

BunkyB

Songster
6 Years
Mar 12, 2013
Blue Mountain, Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi guys. Been missing a couple of months now as I am dealing with lung cancer for the third time in 8 years and I have not been online much. I posted pics of Canada Geese, a pair that have been coming to my pond now for the third year.

This year as I suspected...family time. I knew they were finally mature enough to have a family. I got my wish with 6 cute lil fellas swimming and eating with the rest of my flock of geese. The Canada Geese fit in well with my Pilgrims, Embdens and Chinese quite nicely...

Since I have been missing in action for a while I am most curious if the "Sits With Goose Guy) has eventually found a home for that lone goose he befriended?? That story I do want an update and hope things all worked out for the Goose... Steve(BunkyB)

Hi again. I also picked up 3 more pure bred Pilgrim(female goslings) to add to my flock the other night and my Geese and Ganders (Chinese, Embden, Toulouse and Pilgrim). They all accepted the babies right away, no issues. Along with the new family started by the Canada Geese that have been visiting me for the third year now.

That makes me a proud adoptee of 3 pet geese and 6 wild geese that I know will return every year since they have established themselves here...

PS...and so far this year I have hatched out 300 plus chicks for the locals here and made a lot of people happy this summer.All the chicks sold so far and people are still wanting...whew. Time for a bigger incubator to go along with my broody girls...lol

Hi again. I also picked up 3 more pure bred Pilgrim(female goslings) to add to my flock the other night and my Geese and Ganders (Chinese, Embden, Toulouse and Pilgrim). They all accepted the babies right away, no issues. Along with the new family started by the Canada Geese that have been visiting me for the third year now.

That makes me a proud adoptee of 3 pet geese and 6 wild geese that I know will return every year since they have established themselves here...

PS...and so far this year I have hatched out 300 plus chicks for the locals here and made a lot of people happy this summer.All the chicks sold so far and people are still wanting...whew. Time for a bigger incubator to go along with my broody girls...lol
Hi BuckyB so sorry to hear your dealing with cancer and for the 3rd time. I hope you can beat it for good this time
fl.gif
Your pics are beautiful and Congrats on your big happy goose family and all those chicks!!! wow. never heard anymore from Sits with goose

Last edited:
Hi Bucky B. I am so sorry to hear you are dealing with cancer again. I pray this time you can kick it for good!!!
smack.gif
I had breast cancer in my right side. Every year when I go for a mammogram I hold my breath to see the results. Clear for 9 years now.

Have not heard anything from sits with goose guy.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Thanx RURU. I am still as stubborn as I was 8 years ago when I lost my left lung. Lifestyle has been a bit tricky since but I do not have time for the "C" word to bug me anymore. Too skinny for Kemo and Radiation this time around. Got the docs scrambling for an answer but not worried.

Congratulations on your victory over cancer. Awesome... I feel it is all in the attitude one developes when the "C" word is brought up for the first time.

Anyways, I still want to hear something about Goose Guy too. Got my butt out of bed just because I was thinking of his story and our lil forum there. I blew the dust off the keyboard and came here for the Goose Guy first, then to post my new pics. I am a patient man, he may get back to us yet.. :)

BunkyB you just keep being stubborn and keep fighting. I have sent many prayers up for you! Keep enjoying life and like what you do and it will keep you happy and do try not to get stressed that is what can cause problems. So sit back and enjoy your life day by day as I have to being on dialysis will be 14 year come late July!

Wow, my count keeps going up. Over the past 2 days some of my broodies hatched out a total of 52 more chicks.I will hit 400 chicks by the mid month. Best year yet for just my broodie birds wanting to a set at once. So I said the hell with it and put exactly 52 more eggs in the incubator. Did another head count today on nests yet to hatch out and the number of broodies yet to hatch a batch...6... average egg count under each is 12-15 eggs.

Without lying to myself I swear something is going on around the environment or the birds clocks anyways, I have been witnessing behaviours I have never seen before in 25 years, I have so many broody hens this year who are all just piling up on the eggs. You know, 5,6,7 sure the normal. All my nests start at a dozen and up from there with at least a 95% hatch ...awesome. First year in a while I have had sooo many customers come to me for chicks this year on top of my usual stuff. My girls are all performing well and I am quite proud they are making things so much easier for me this year and no one has turned away empty handed when looking for chicks. This is a good year...
Steve(BunkyB)

Type all this out and now realize I am still in the Goose Forum...rofl Duh !

Wow, my count keeps going up. Over the past 2 days some of my broodies hatched out a total of 52 more chicks.I will hit 400 chicks by the mid month. Best year yet for just my broodie birds wanting to a set at once. So I said the hell with it and put exactly 52 more eggs in the incubator. Did another head count today on nests yet to hatch out and the number of broodies yet to hatch a batch...6... average egg count under each is 12-15 eggs.

Without lying to myself I swear something is going on around the environment or the birds clocks anyways, I have been witnessing behaviours I have never seen before in 25 years, I have so many broody hens this year who are all just piling up on the eggs. You know, 5,6,7 sure the normal. All my nests start at a dozen and up from there with at least a 95% hatch ...awesome. First year in a while I have had sooo many customers come to me for chicks this year on top of my usual stuff. My girls are all performing well and I am quite proud they are making things so much easier for me this year and no one has turned away empty handed when looking for chicks. This is a good year...
Steve(BunkyB)

Type all this out and now realize I am still in the Goose Forum...rofl Duh !
lol.png
I enjoyed reading it all... Congrats!!

Back
Top Bottom