They're Baaack...

BunkyB

Songster
6 Years
Mar 12, 2013
Blue Mountain, Nova Scotia, Canada
Seems to be quite a goose day today. I keep checking in on sitswithgoose guy to catch up on progress... Now this morning got my gum boots on and headed to the barn to open up around 8:00am . Noticed my buddies came back from the past 2 years. Two Canada Geese make my pond a stopover when spring finally hits. This year will be year 3. Now I know they are mature enough to settle down and give some new life to the pond.
I hope so, anyways... I went back to the house and got my camera and went to the ponds edge and snapped a few shots.. I hope this time next year or later this spring-summer that they start a family here. That way I should get more visitors next year...lol

Handsome birds and just as messy as my geese. Thank gawd for boots...

Seems to be quite a goose day today. I keep checking in on sitswithgoose guy to catch up on progress... Now this morning got my gum boots on and headed to the barn to open up around 8:00am . Noticed my buddies came back from the past 2 years. Two Canada Geese make my pond a stopover when spring finally hits. This year will be year 3. Now I know they are mature enough to settle down and give some new life to the pond.
I hope so, anyways... I went back to the house and got my camera and went to the ponds edge and snapped a few shots.. I hope this time next year or later this spring-summer that they start a family here. That way I should get more visitors next year...lol

Handsome birds and just as messy as my geese. Thank gawd for boots...
How pretty, we live above a MT. river and for the past 3 years there are a pair of Canadas that stop by and nest on a small island in the river, 2 years ago they had 2 goslings, last year they got washed away, this year they are back and she is on week 2. I am so hoping she doesn't get washed away this year, It is just such a pleasure watching them with their babies. Thanks for sharing.

Just a follow up on the Canada Geese. Yes this is their third year for a return visit and I am happy to see them again. They have blended in with my crew quite nicely but still keep to themselves when it comes to feeding time. The Canada geese are the last to get pickings at the food dishes outside but are very patient.

I have noticed now that the male is by himself quite a bit and it seems momma goose is nesting. She hides it well. As I thought they are 3 years old now and mature enough for their own. I am so looking forward to this. This is the longest they have hung out here. They are also tuned in to my feeding schedule and greet me with the rest of the geese in the morning. Either the male by himself or both.

No scraps or fights yet between the wild geese and my domestics and I feel that is a good sign. Now to wait for the youngins!!.

They are just so beautiful. I hope you see some goslings soon.
smile.png

Thank you and so do I. These two are used to me being around them now so it should be easier if they give me a batch of goslings. My fingers are crossed. I have tons of space here and the geese get along with my ducks and chickens as well...another bonus. Steve

You gotta tell them geese to smarten up. It is always a sad story to hear the nests being washed away. It almost makes me wish you would steal a few eggs and hatch them out yourselves before the inevitable happens again. Best of luck Lydia. They are such a handsome bird and they add some nice color to a flock... keep your fingers crossed !!

By the way I still notice that "friends with goose guy" isn't posting any progress reports on his new buddy. I really hope the goose is homed now or maybe something did happen to the goose and he doesn't want to post it? I will still be checking in on him to see any additions to the post. The #21 keeps showing for the post and the heart drops every time...lol Steve

Back
Top Bottom