Things I learned ih the first ten days of raising chicks

so do you all buy their worms at the store or dig emm up. I know shanandgem did not go out cricket catching just wondering as it is raining and the worms are up by the hand fulls

I buy the live small mealworms at the pet store. They are just the right size for young chicks just learning to hunt.
By the time they are a month old, they are big enough to find their own earthworms when they head out for acclimation/playtime.

We have had a terrible scourge of grasshoppers the last couple of summers here that I can't wait to unleash my flock on!

#9 Our first dust bath happened today and caused much concern among the other chicks. It also revealed yet another design flaw in my brooder; don't keep the water next to the dust bath tray!

so do you all buy their worms at the store or dig emm up. I know shanandgem did not go out cricket catching just wondering as it is raining and the worms are up by the hand fulls

I got mine first at the pet store, then online. You can also find them at bait shops. I wanted to leave the wild earthworms where they were so they could continue improving my garden!

Back
Top Bottom