This is Tweedle Dee COCKATIEL PIC

That is awesome. Alot of people would have gotten rid of hims years ago.. Great to hear that you didn't give up..
thumbsup.gif

My first Cockatiel was a sweetie. I got him from a local breeder when he was young, and he was just the best guy! I use to get him to pick my lip for me. He gave kisses too and loved when I rubbed his head. The one I have now I got from a friend. It's not so sweet. I certainly can't pet it's head, and I'll never try kissing him!

I had 2 really sweet ones. One died, I still have the other one. But I got another one. It is mean. I think it is going to be sweet, and I hold it and hold it. Talk to it, let it crawl on my hands and arms. Then out of the clear blue, BAM, it will bite me so hard. So far every time has been on my hand and every time it bleeds like crazy. I told my husband I think is beak is just extra pointy... But boy, do it hurt.

Cockatiels can be cranky. I don't know why they are pushed as being a good 'first time bird'. However with a LOT of work, the cranky ones can tame down to be sweeties. I have one that is 15 years old this year, had him since he was 6 weeks old. Up until 3 years ago, he was sure I was out to eat him and was the meanest, crankiest bird I had ever seen.

But one day, he realized that all that he was nervous about and biting about was never going to happen. One day, he was sweet as pie. I never gave up on this bird and kept up with patience and kindness and it has payed off! He is a real sweet heart now.

Twocrowsranch - Is that a whipoorwill on your avatar? It sure looks like one!

I think shes cinnamon yeah.
Got tint of well cinnamon brownish colour in her light grey feathers.

Any pics of YOUR cockatiels guys? Come on show them off i love peeping at purdy birds!
Well, since you asked:

All but one bird is a rescue.

Back
Top Bottom