Thought I should introduce myself properly! :)

DuckyLou

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 29, 2012
East Texas
Hello all! I have posted for some help a couple of times but have not introduced myself properly yet! I live in East Texas on 10 acres , my husband and I have been married for 11 years and we have 2 boys 9 & 5 years old. We school at home with a public online school. I feel that having and raising farm animals is a very important education as well! My 5 year old LOVES chickens so we ended up getting 4 production reds, 3 French black cooper marans, and my favorite 2 silkies. We also are trying our hand at raising quail, we have 10 bobwhite, 7 jumbo brown, 3 italian,and 2 A&M. I had chickens when I was kid but have not had them in a long time and I am enjoying getting back into it! We also have Longhorn Cows and my heifer is expecting a baby in the next month! We also have 2 lovely Miniature Horses, 11 yr old dachshund, Badger, 2 gorgeous half persian kitties, and a 60 gallon Angelfish Aquarium.

I am really learning alot on this forum and hope that soon I will be able to help others too!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I love chickens and cows a ton! Just that I don't have any room for a cow
lol.png

frow.gif
Let's see your longhorn cows! I believe their motto should be: 'Got Horns?"

LOL Yeah thats awesome! Here are pics of my cows as requested! My heifer's name is Big Sister, she is the large black and white one and the little black and white one is Jedi, and the red one is Bucko. My 5 yr old named them. :)

Hello and :welcome
Sounds really busy round your place! Lovely cows too. :p You should settle right in here, there are many people who own animals other than chickens. Have you checked out the sister site, Backyardherds? Enjoy your chickens, and see you round! :frow

Back
Top Bottom