Thought I'd give the site a whirl.

Velociraptor UK

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2015
Hi all,

about to start up with hens again on a smaller scale with about 20 Lakenvelder hens with the intention of breeding and showing them and maintaining the breed.

I've had speckledy hens in the past for meat and free range eggs in the past as part of my learning curve, when i was 15 I picked up 12 cheap POL common brown hens as part of my wage for for loading their other 600.000 friends into their batt cages over a few nights, as time went on I wanted to get more to (naively) start my own egg empire though i was warned it was a pipe dream. but being my stubborn self I gave no heed and did as i pleased, though i never made my fortune I did learn some invaluable knowledge.

well now I'm 36, no longer living on the family farm and wanting more hens....you can take the boy out of the farm but you cant take the farm out of the boy.

so hopefully when I have the hen run Predator proofed and a coop built I'll be buying some Lakenvelder hens, no dreams of riches this time, just a hobby and a promise of a social life! LoL

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our BYC "flock"!

Lakenvelders are a beautiful breed of chicken! Good luck in starting up your flock of them.

Many thanks for the warm welcome,much appreciated. :)

I think I tried the UK thread last night...I think...I have a terrible memory haha.

An added bonus...just downloaded the app so I can stay mobile in here too. :)

Last edited:
Hi :welcome from Yorkshire UK

Glad you could join the flock! Wishing you the very best of luck with starting your flock of lakenvelders. Hope you enjoy BYC I am sure you will, everyone here to help and very friendly :frow

Yeah I'm enjoying it so far, just trying to get my bearings with the site.

I have a few other breeds I'm looking at too.can't just have the one breed ;-) looing at orpintons,silkies and a few other breeds. :)

Back
Top Bottom