Thoughts on Jungle Gym Ideas

Apr 5, 2018
Mount Pleasant Highlands, California
View attachment 1378177 Now that I've mostly finished up my coop decor, I'm working on my run this week and I need ideas for constructing the most fun jungle gym for my chickies!

I've got these two awesome unique pallets that only have wood on one side and have big even spaces so they're great for roosting...at the moment I've just got them leaned against the run sides at two different angles but I'd like to build them into an activity centre with swings and other things for them to do.

What do your chickens like to do?

I've also got a few mirrors, an xylophone and percussion area in working on as well as a few dust bath areas.

This is my run (weird warp due to panoramic feature but it's roughly 15 x 30)

E3FEA5B1-048C-4B7F-A8F2-5B20DAAEBF4A.jpeg

I would do deep litter in the run, it will give them something to dig in and also keep the smell down. Chicken poop on top of dirt will just keep compacting.

That's what I've got started...the area around the bench and chairs is mostly just dirt though because the chickens love to lay around in the dirt there. I was worried about just that Poop compacting issue so was thinking of putting down some sand there maybe. Thoughts? Other ideas? We use that area a few times a day to sit and watch the chickens and just relax so I want to keep it usable for humans too.

I'm thinking of putting in a brick walkway from the entry of the coop (far left just off the frame, but directly opposite the coop door) and run it all the way along the coop to the ramp up. I could make a little brick patio too I suppose but I didn't think it would make the chickens as happy....

Back
Top Bottom