Thoughts on this incubator?

The seller said they had a 30% hatch rate. Not sure if that indicates a problem with the incubator itself.
I'm too leery about poultry diseases that are passed through hatching eggs (and there's a few).. to purchase a used bator.

Beyond that.. I would have to presume the low hatch rate was seller specific (not calibrating the equipment, flock nutrition, genetics, etc).. and not incubator specific related..

If I'm being sincere.. going to the automated turner reduced my hatch rates as compared to hand turning.. but also different flocks etc..

I personally love my styrofoam Hovabators.. (more than the NR360). Haven't used this specific brand in question but they are very similar.

I'm too leery about poultry diseases that are passed through hatching eggs (and there's a few).. to purchase a used bator.

Beyond that.. I would have to presume the low hatch rate was seller specific (not calibrating the equipment, flock nutrition, genetics, etc).. and not incubator specific related..

If I'm being sincere.. going to the automated turner reduced my hatch rates as compared to hand turning.. but also different flocks etc..

I personally love my styrofoam Hovabators.. (more than the NR360). Haven't used this specific brand in question but they are very similar.
Thank you for your input! Would you be able to link me to some affordable/reliable incubators? Preferably under $100 and can hold a fair amount of chicken eggs.

Back
Top Bottom