Tiny egg with a double yolk!

Revan

Songster
Jul 3, 2017
Modoc County, California
Wanted to share this. When collecting eggs today, my mother and I found a teeny tiny little egg. A 'fart' egg. However, upon cracking it open, we were surprised to find that not only did it have a yolk, but it was a double yolk to boot! I just had to take a picture.

tiny egg with double yolk.jpg

Cool Beans!!
Tell us about the bird that laid it(if you know)....new layer...or...??

It came from my Silkie coop, so it's definitely a bantam egg, and I do have a few young ones in there from this past spring so it's likely a first egg for one of the young ones or an oddity from one of my older birds. Wouldn't be the first time I had an older bird lay a very small egg.

Pullet egg. Fart eggs have nothing in them..

Ah, well, it was a super tiny egg, even for a bantam. Guess I've never had a fart egg then. All the teeny tiny eggs I've ever gotten have had something in them, even if it was just egg white, though it's a first for me to ever see two yolks in such a small egg. The egg itself wasn't much bigger than the dime in my hand in the photo.

Speaking of Silkies, what age did yours start laying at? Mine are the same age as my laying hens who started a month ago, but my Silkies haven't laid a single egg.

Back
Top Bottom