TINY EGG!!!

Well this was a shocker. After chasing my broody girl off the nest, I was very surprised to see one normal egg and this little thing. I had to look around to see if a quail had snuck into the coop.

My girls are all mutts and lay small eggs in the first place but nobody complains about the free eggs. We don't use all of them so my neighbors and in-laws are happy to help out.

On weekends, breakfast is the big meal of the day and my wife likes a single small egg but this is a bit silly.

I just had to share this tiny egg…it is also the darkest color egg any of my girls has laid by far; heck it's the darkest egg I've ever seen. It's absolutely beautiful! I have no idea who laid it. Maybe one of my new girls is going to start laying these beautiful chocolatey brown eggs!
bow.gif

That is such a pretty chocolate egg i need to get a hen that lays that color . I see more chickens coming soon. Lol i recently got to ee for blue/green eggs i see more chicks come spring
1f604.png
. I need a nother coop.

I also received a tiny egg, 2 times in 2 weeks. Can it be my hens that lay well, or can it be my new 4 month old, barely 4 mo th old, Wynncourt hens, ?

Found this egg today from one of my Americaunas. I'm assuming it was from the one who has been molting. She's only about 8 mos. and has been losing feathers for about a month now. She seems healthy though, hasn't been laying lately, then I find this out in the run, not in the nest. Hopefully it's just her starting to lay again, it did have a fully formed yolk and everything.

Back
Top Bottom