Tiny the Terrorist Attack Hen! Will She Become a Suicide Flogger?

Pics
And the Tiny dramas continue.... Tiny was a real pistol yesterday morning. DH was trying to pick her up, which he thought she wanted. She flogged the daylights out of him, then ran into a floor nest box, then when he reached toward her, she ran out and did it again, then when he grabbed her up, she bit his arm, leaving a pinch mark, so he dropped her. Georgie, one of my Delaware hens, decided that rascal had done enough to her dad, so she gave the Tiny Terrorist a good thrashing, chased her back into that nestbox and wouldn't let her back out again.

Tiny just never learns. The list of hens who have defended DH against the Terrorist is growing longer by the week.

My dad worked for a guy that has chickens, and the head hen is the only bantam of the flock!
gig.gif

Since Tiny is your hen and not mine, I just think she is spunky. She does have baggage you know - half blind and tiny. I just love hearing about her.

She does have baggage, 'tis true. No one likes her. Each hen who passes by her chases her and thunks her on the head as a matter of principle. No real peer group to speak of, even with the ones she was brooded with, which include the blue Rocks Neela and Alice and my redheaded crossbreed, Rita. Everyone picks on Tiny and her world is blurry on top of that, so she is a Grumpy Gussie. Thankfully, her feathers are growing in well now, so maybe, just maybe she'll go back to her normal, not quite as nasty self soon. She's been so out of sorts like most hens who are in hard molt, but with her, it's just a really "special" time, LOL.

Last edited:
She does have baggage, 'tis true. No one likes her. Each hen who passes by her chases her and thunks her on the head as a matter of principle. No real peer group to speak of, even with the ones she was brooded with, which include the blue Rocks Neela and Alice and my redheaded crossbreed, Rita. Everyone picks on Tiny and her world is blurry on top of that, so she is a Grumpy Gussie. Thankfully, her feathers are growing in well now, so maybe, just maybe she'll go back to her normal, not quite as nasty self soon. She's been so out of sorts like most hens who are in hard molt, but with her, it's just a really "special" time, LOL.
She cracks me up!

I've never had such a grumpy hen. Not even one who is broody!

Tiny is one in a million.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom