Tip of beak fell off ***pictures***

JensChickies

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2014
California
So I went to go tuck the girls in their coop and I noticed this girl. It looks like the tip of her beak fell off. Should I be concerned? Anything I can do for it?

She probably wont to be able to pick/peck feed crumbles/pellets up and eat them, especially off solid surfaces. In other words she wont be able to "grasp" the food she eats. You can use a deep bowl and put feed into it and add water and scrambled egg to entice her to eat the liquidy gruel until her beak regrows. It would be best to keep her separated from your other birds and caged while she's on the mend.

Thank you. There was so blood just exposed soft looking beak. It looks like it hurts. I will make sure she gets plenty to eat and drink. Thank you.

The underpart...like the soft part is still there. It's just the tough outer part that fell off. It reminds me of a dogs nails, he "quick" and the hard nail. I saw the chicken-chicks article last night. I'm just going to attempt to keep it clean with vetrycin spray and make sure she's eating plenty.

Back
Top Bottom