Tips for incubating?

mrl8810

Songster
Jun 26, 2019
I’ve tried to do research and I’ve found a few tips for incubating. I have a neighbor who incubates all of the time and told me putting tap water in the incubator is fine but with research I’ve found that some are saying put distilled water? Any reason for that and is that what most of the people here recommend? Also I’ve read use a cloth with peroxide to wipe the egg off before putting the eggs in to help with hatch rate?

This is my first batch and I have a nuture right 360…I’ve saw that they have a pretty good hatch rate?

Also I’ve kept my temp in the incubator at 100.5 degrees…I’ve kept the humidity between 48-55% according to the incubator. One possible issue though…I checked it this morning at 9 am and it was at 50% humidity and I checked it again at around 11 or 12 and it was at 47%…will this prevent the eggs from hatching? I immediently worked to get the humidity back up.

Thanks for any help.

35% to 55% is good for incubation, most people prefer to 'dry hatch' at 35%-%45, 60% is good for lock down. High humidity can during incubation, like 60%+, causes birth defects
You can dip the eggs in peroxide to sanitize the eggs before setting but it doesn't necessarily increase hatch rate.
Unless you have really hard water, tap water is fine. It says that so the hard water minerals doesn't build up and break the machine.
Don't worry about slight variables in temp, eggs are very forgiving.

Back
Top Bottom