To everyone I sent quail eggs.....

SamG347

Songster
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
Just last night I candled the 60+ eggs I had in my bator from my birds. I candled 3 random eggs last night and all appeared fertile. I candled last night and ended up removing quiet a few eggs. I'm really sorry if your eggs go this same route. I'm running a ratio of 1 male to 4-5 females so I have noo idea why fertility would be low
idunno.gif
. I have a bunch of eggs sitting here I'm going to check today for fertility. These eggs have been in the bator for about a week so maybe the fertility on the eggs I have sent in the past 4 days or so will be better. The Jumbo Browns appear to be the most fertile. Once again very sorry about this...once your eggs hatch and your not happy with the result please PM me and I will see about sending you more eggs.
Thanks guys.
smile.png

Thanks for letting us know Sam. You haven't sent mine out yet. If you want to wait for a awhile and check your fertility again, instead of going through all the hassel of reshipping if things don't go well, I would understand. My order for 15+ still stands, but I can wait if you want.

Again thanks for letting us know
smile.png

Julie

I'm not worried Sam, I'll know how my hatch goes on june 3rd
smile.png

Thanks guys...and yes right now I'm holding back on all orders. I'm really upset because I thought based on the breeding I was seeing happen....my ratio...and even when I cracked eggs and found bullseyes that my fertility was running pretty good. I will have to do some more moving around of birds and maybe make my female/male ratio smaller.
idunno.gif

Just pm me when you have everything set and I'll order from you then. These things happen, you will never perdict mother nature she will always surprise and confuse you lol. I just really apperciate you letting us know, so many don't.

Julie
hugs.gif

Hey sam, no worries here!!!! I think I gave all my birds performance anxiety... and they all hang out at the blue oyster bar now anyways
sad.png

Sam,

No problem, I started mine on Sunday , I dont usually candle except to see cracks so I'll let you know how it goes!

Boyd -
lol.png
Oyster bar... I swear this quail section has me rolling every day... coturnix owners =comedians.... great bunch of addicts we have here
big_smile.png

Nancy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom