To help or not to help?

greening

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
We have an egg that pipped, and after it pipped the humidity dropped to 40-45%. we cant see inside the egg, so should we assume it is shrinkwrapped and help it or just leave it? it pipped the air cell becuase we can hear it chirping. it is also rocking and shaking, so its not dead.

Can you add water to the wells without opening the incubator? You can use a small funnel or oral syringe from the drugstore, and some aquarium tubing. Snake it through the vents and add water that is the same temperature as the incubator. That should help keep the chick moist.

sit on those hands ....its hard to do but by helping one you could lose the hatch. By doing that I have increased my hatch rate from 29 out of 84 to 39 out of 42. I add water using a marinating needle so that I never oppen the bator after lock down till the haych is done. Good luck on your hatch.

the humidity must of been low for a while, i opened it a little, just enough to see, but it was shrink wrapped

I know that most people say don't help but I helped my four shrink wrapped chicks because it was my fault they were shrink wrapped. Personally I'm glad I did as instead of 8 healthy chicks I would only have had 4 if I hadn't helped.

Edited to make the post make sense!
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom