Today i Acidently ran over one of my hens now i feel like poop

Dorothy1324

Songster
12 Years
Jun 21, 2007
sad.png
today my dog ran off and as it is hunting season here in maine i decided i should go look for him and got in the car and up the driveway looking for him and when i got back there in the driveway was one of my hens dead i can only surmise that i must have run her over and did not even know it. This just sucks.
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

I'm so sorry out your hen.

First off I am just now getting over a tragedy with one of my hens. Stop and take a breath. What has helped me the most and this is advise I got from a poster is to not beat yourself up over it. It was an accident. I kept blaming myself but I had to finally forgive myself. Once I did forgive myself I found that things are better and I can deal with the situation now.

It will take some time but it will get better.
hugs.gif

We've all been there. I'll bet every person on this board has unwittingly caused the death of one of their animals at some time. Please forgive yourself.
hugs.gif

Maybe you didn't run over her and it was something else? Mine hang out under cars all the time, but are fast to get out when a car starts. Sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Sorry about your hen. Its hard to lose one when you care about them so much. Mine hang out under my truck all the time and I am worried about the same thing. It will be ok.

I did the same exact thing to our cat a few years ago.......I still remember pulling back up in the driveway and thinking "What is that stuffed animal doing laying on the driveway?" and it turned out to be the cat. Of course I had both of my young kids in the car, so I had to hold it together and distract them from noticing it! :aww

Back
Top Bottom