today I found a...

We have found well over a 100 arrowheads and points, etc on our farm in the last 100 years. They are all from the Clovis people who lived in the area many moons ago.
I was searching thru one of our old barns over at my great-grandparents place and found my great-great grandfathers hand tools, he was a carpenter from Bohemia. Coolest things were an old hand molder with his initials carved into the metal and his hand built tool box that is the size of a chest with all of the little compartments, drawers etc on the inside....

Quote:
Nice!!
smile.png

we found a OLD massey-harris cast iron Pedal tractor in the shed when we moved here, kids played on it for a few years, then decided it took up too much room!! sold it on Ebay for 2,000! never thought it was worth that! started the bid at 25$ LOL

When I was at the Job Corps in Kentucky we were bad and went into the woods and I found a rock that had over 100 little tiny fossils in it. I forgot to get it before we left the woods so it's still there beside the stream.
hmm.png
I wish I would have remembered to get it. Other then that I find arrow heads, sharks teeth, pottery, and all kinds of other things here in Alabama.
roll.png
But only when I break down and go fishing with my dad.

Wow, I wish y'all would post pics of your fossils (and I would love to see the bell and shovel....) hint hint

smile.png

I tend to find a lot of the neighbors plastic grocery sacks in my yard, valued at absolutly nothing. lol

I found an ax head, various parts from plows, and a draft horse shoe and mule shoe that look hand made in my flower beds over the years.Also I found a trash dump near our farm with various med bottles, some blue , some green, and one red.

I live in the Mojave desert. There are all kinds of fossils and arrowheads all over the place. And I am a rock hound. So I walk around with my head down all the time looking, looking. Well one day at our construction site at work, BAM right into the fence.

Boy was my face red.

Quote:
This happened to me when I was a kid, about 8 years old. We were at the market and some men came in with guns to rob the cashiers, told us all to hit the floor. My mom pushed me as far under the bottom shelf as she could and staring me in the face was $100 bill really shoved under there. I didn't tell her about it til after the cops left, and she started crying and laughing at the same time. I've always said my mother was bipolar.

Back
Top Bottom