Today's egg count! What's yours?

Thanks. It was a crappy day yesterday but buildings other run now.

So I was reading through these posts and we have 4 golden comets who are about 7 months old now and started laying a few weeks ago. once one started all four had started laying within a week but then suddenly I'm only get 3 eggs a day again, for like the last three days now...just wondering if it's normal? Should I be checking for anything? They all seem perfectly fine and happy, eating, drinking and running around scratching. These are my first hens since I was little :) I worry about them!

It happens sometimes. They occasionally take a day off. One could be slightly or completely egg bound. Look for several trips to the nest and out and if there is one doing that she may be egg bound. I'm fairly new as well but have had to give warm baths twice already dry them off they went straight in the nest and laid an egg. Keep an eye on them being egg bound could be fatal.

1 egg today!!! 1/4 today and first since 4/7. All of our ladies have been in various degrees of moulting since mid-March. Maybe by summer we'll be in full production again!!!!

Back
Top Bottom