Tolbunt guessing game

lnhackford

Chirping
May 20, 2015
Salt Lake City, utah
Hello! I have 2 tolbunt polish babies in our flock, and they have some differences that lead me to believe that one of them could be a roo. I'm sure it's too early to tell, but any hunches our guesses would be appreciated!

Here is the one I think may be a roo based off of my online searching :

And now here is his/her tolbunt pal, Phyllis :

Again, I know it's probably too early. They are 5ish weeks old, but guesses are much appreciated :)

Yeah this probably won't be much help but it really depends. I had silkies that were very hard to tell with. I had to wait until they either played an egg or crowed. The roosters usually start crowing at least a month before the pullet lays her first egg.

Yeah this probably won't be much help but it really depends. I had silkies that were very hard to tell with. I had to wait until they either played an egg or crowed. The roosters usually start crowing at least a month before the pullet lays her first egg.

If only it didn't have to be such a guessing game haha. I have 3 silkies too that I'm not even going to bother trying to figure out until they make it obvious. I'm just hoping for hens. I can't have roosters in the city which is a bummer. Thank you for your response!

All of mine were supposed to be sexed (I got an extra roo though...) and also I got 2 straight run silkies and I'm waiting to see.

They are the same age but one is markedly bigger than the other and has done the macho chest bump thing with all of the other chicks starting at a very young age... hmmmm....

Back
Top Bottom