Tom turkey sitting on eggs

Awwwwwwww
love.gif

I'm not sure, his first set of eggs were duds and went bad, so I gave him two more fresh duck eggs don't know if they are fertilized. That was about a week ago so he's still got a couple weeks to go. If these go bad maybe I'll try some hen eggs. It's more likely they will be fertilized

Unfortunately, he gave up, i think he could tell the chick inside did not make it, because it was pushed to the side of the nest and he was up walking around again. My son accidentally broke the egg when he was looking at it and there was indeed a chick inside, dont know if the chick died before or after the egg was pushed aside. But he gave it an amazing try.

So sad that the baby didn't make it :hugs
But that's amazing that he gave it his all, and for so long, I knew they shared but WOW

Unfortunately, he gave up, i think he could tell the chick inside did not make it, because it was pushed to the side of the nest and he was up walking around again. My son accidentally broke the egg when he was looking at it and there was indeed a chick inside, dont know if the chick died before or after the egg was pushed aside. But he gave it an amazing try.
Aww. That's too bad. He gave it a good try though.

Interested if the tom actually has the physical attributes to be capable of hatching. A brooding bird usually has a featherless or lightly feathered area that also has extra blood vessels. This enables good heat transfer to the eggs. The area is actually called a brooding patch.

My tom is sitting on a clutch of 7 now. It was 9 earlier today, the 2 hens ate the other 2.
I had only one live out of 4 hatched in the incubator. Integrated the poult into the nest of eggs on day 2 after hatch. At night of course. Amazingly the tom stood up enough for the poult to wiggle under him onto the nest of eggs.

Back
Top Bottom