Tonights hatch, up all night. Will i get that showgirl?

Spongegirl

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
middle earth
Who has eggs hatching tonight? I do, I do! and tomorrow. Lots. Silkies. Some are supposed to be showgirls. Only one for sure is marked that way and has pipped. So with the one showgirl egg, I guess I have a 50/50 shot of a naked neck, huh? Crossing fingers. I have no showgirls and I want one bad! I have about 7 more eggs to hatch and 4 chicks drying now. One will not shut up! I think when they are wet, even though its 100 degrees, the fan is cold to them. Hope they hush soon.

Happy happy hatch.

I'm also hatching the last few from my gorgeous breeding pair that got murdered 2 weeks ago, so really excited for those babies too. :)

Good morning surprise! It didn't wake me up, so I was surprised to see a third chick this morning. I'm looking at it and see that the "lilac hen" breeder mark had hatched and it's a lovely yellow color. Like the last "lilac hen" that hatched, almost lemon in color. Then the chick moves and exposes this naked little neck!!! oh wow! such excitement... lol. This picture was taken just a few hours after hatch and I see it has a lavender undercoat which explains the breeder calling it "lilac". This chick is perfect! Perfect feet and toes, perfect color skin, no beard, which in the showgirl is my preference. I feel like giving this seller a tip! lol This is one of the best most successful hatches ive ever had. So nice to have a great shipped egg hatch with so many bad experiences sometimes. Just a bonus for have such great surprises.

Showgirl diary: This chick came from a hen with a light buff mother with a greyish head.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom