Too late to hatch?

I was wondering if that was mold. Didnt know if.that was possible. The other eggs just show a clear single or double yolk.
Im pretty sure today was one of the.first times they had actually sat on nest. Temp outside is just cold enough to halt development but not cold enough to kill.

Ok, that's good. At least you know there aren't any that have already started developing. I'd pop them all in the incubator and candle in 7-10 days to check for development, and also to check and make sure no more are going bad or growing mold inside (it happens sometimes). You don't want any to explode and contaminate your other eggs.

You'll have to be super careful when you move them to your new place! They will be very fragile in a couple weeks and you don't want the incubator to be off for too long so they cool. You'll have to be very very very gentle and quick. It's definitely not recommended to move eggs during incubation, but when you don't have a choice, you just have to do your best. Hopefully you're not moving very far? I wish you the best of luck! :)

Its about a 30 min drive. I will have a place all set aside for them before we go. Figure I could cushion them with towels for the drive.
I will check back with updates. Excited to see how many we get.

Ok, that's not too bad of a move. Drive carefully and keep them warm! Even little vibrations can cause problems for the developing eggs, but it's certainly worth a try. Definitely keep us updated! :)

Update...the incubator is working great. Such a relief to have them somewhere safe that i can watch them. Moving date is 10 days out. Plan on handling eggs this Wed or Thursday.

Hello....update. I went through all the eggs,candling. I found that 30 of them are showings great signs of growth, 5 haven't shown any obvious signs yet. There are two I'm concerned may have mold in the inside.

Wow, that's great so many are developing for you! I'd just keep a close eye on the two that might have mold (did you mark them by chance?) so if they are going bad you can toss them before they get too gross or explode in there. Are the two with possible mold developing?

I have them all numbered. There's so many didn't know what else to do. Lol. Have been writing down what I find. Didn't see any obvious signs of development, will check them again tomorrow or Wed and then it's decision time.

Back
Top Bottom