Too many choices...which incubator is best?

Quote:
Unless I am reading wrong, that sure isn't $149 with the turner!!!
I have a Humidaire redwood Model 20 (out of business),
two Genesis, a Brower Top Hatch and an older Hovabator. We have gotten EXCELLENT results with the Genesis. I will not disagree that it IS styrofoam, which is flimsy, but the electronics are really great and it HOLDS temperature and humidity VERY well.

Without turners, it is $120 from Cutler's. They ship FAST and stand behind their products. When I first got the Top Hatch, I had issues and they were very helpful. So was Brower, actually.

Obviously, I would have a room full of Humidaires if I could, but they are difficult to find. I am going to look at Dickeys for my next major purchase, but we've found the Genesis bators to be very reliable, which is very important...regardless of price.

Quote:
Brinsea ECO $149 with autocraddle (turner) , plug and play, rock solid steady temperature, no spikes, very durable molded plastic not styrofoam, easy to clean , 2 years warranty.

Do they give you 2 years warranty on any styrobator?

Beats the pants of any styrobator including overrated 1588 Genesis.

Please show me where I can get the ECO with a turner for $149!

This Brinsea is new and is only $130, with turner. http://www.brinsea.com/detail.aspx?ID=224

I
have not used a Brinsea, so I will not vouch for them personally. I would, however, be interested in trying this one out next time I buy a new bator. It looks nice and compact and holds 24 eggs.
smile.png

Quote:
Unless I am reading wrong, that sure isn't $149 with the turner!!!
I have a Humidaire redwood Model 20 (out of business),
two Genesis, a Brower Top Hatch and an older Hovabator. We have gotten EXCELLENT results with the Genesis. I will not disagree that it IS styrofoam, which is flimsy, but the electronics are really great and it HOLDS temperature and humidity VERY well.

Without turners, it is $120 from Cutler's. They ship FAST and stand behind their products. When I first got the Top Hatch, I had issues and they were very helpful. So was Brower, actually.

Obviously, I would have a room full of Humidaires if I could, but they are difficult to find. I am going to look at Dickeys for my next major purchase, but we've found the Genesis bators to be very reliable, which is very important...regardless of price.

The ease of using the 1588 and the reliability is why I recommend them. I'm not crazy about the flimsy styrofoam either, but the styrofoam parts are super cheap to replace if ever need be. The top is like $15 and the bottom is only $10. The major cost of the bator is the fan/thermostat which I've recently had to find out thanks to a chick pecking the sensor off after it hatched.

I ordered a 1588 Genesis Pre-set Thermostat (no turner) from Cutler Supply on Thursday (the 16th) and it came yesterday, the 20th (Monday).

The cost was the following:
$120.55--incubator without turner (I already have one)
$11.95--USPS (Priority Mail to MA.)
$2.45--Shipping Insurance
$0.00--Sales Tax

Total= $134.95

I had checked several places and this ended up being the cheapest after adding the shipping and handling. Somebody on Amazon.com was charging $25.00 for shipping!!!!!! so you need to check around.

Quote:
Brinsea ECO $149 with autocraddle (turner) , plug and play, rock solid steady temperature, no spikes, very durable molded plastic not styrofoam, easy to clean , 2 years warranty.

Do they give you 2 years warranty on any styrobator?

Beats the pants of any styrobator including overrated 1588 Genesis.

Please show me where I can get the ECO with a turner for $149!

I bought mine a month ago for $99.00 without turner when it was on sale as many people on this board did.

I am not sure if it is still on sale.

You have to Google it and find best price.

Even at regular price ($129) it beats the crap of ANY styrobator for stability, temp holding accuracy, durability and warranty (2 years).

I believe it will outlast any styrobator many times since it is made of heavy molded plastic, easy to clean and disinfect.

I have Brinsea Octagon 40 and 3 of the cheap styrofoam Hovabators (w/ fans) and I really haven't noticed any difference between the 2 brands. I got the Hova's from Cutlers and I agree they have excellent service before and after the sale.
Brinsea has very good customer service too.
I was about to get a Dickey when 3 different people from the Sebastopol forum were having major mold problems with brand new Dickeys so I'm not sure thats what I'm going to get one now.
The cheap styrofoam models are great for hatching out babies and for brooding the until they dry off and get up on their feet.
Just make sure to get one with a fan even for hatching.

Last edited:
Cottage Rose:

Thanks for the heads up on the Dickeys! There is a guy near us who restores Sportsman 1502s, but his prices seem high for used equipment. I just keep searching Humidaire, looking for used in the smaller sizes. I want my husband to make a knock off Humidaire, he has the know how, but so far, no enthusiasm for the project.

N

big_smile.png
Hi Hatchers!!
I just want a small (3-6 eggs) incubator for my grandchildren. I found a state of the art one on mypetchicken.com for $159.00. I know that is not cheap BUT MY HUSBAND IS GOING TO LAS VEGAS ON BUSINESS AND NOT TAKING ME!!!!!!!!!!
hit.gif
So....... I thought this would be a nice little gift and make me happy!!
celebrate.gif

If you have time, go to their site and read about it. Remember I'm not into chicken hatching for the money. It is just a hobby for me and my grandchildren.

Back
Top Bottom