Toyota Recall

DH brought up a very good point about the recall. The company has said it does not know what is causing the problem. With that being the case, HOW can they fix the problem on recalled cars?

Quote:
I thought of that also. I can almost guarantee you that when all is said and done that the cause will be a glitch in the PCM(computer) and not the mechanical parts of the accelerator. Ford had the same problem with some of the 03' 6.0ltr diesel engines. A flash(software upgrade) was performed to the PCM to alleviate this problem.

The problem component is the gas pedal USA made, lowest bidder- makes for almost all car CO's.

1/3 of all Toyotas,

lots of everything else- esp GMC

the problem is they cant figure out how to fix it.

Honda does not have that kind of a problem. it is recalling 2 models. the rear window wiper motor might short out. i had a similar problem with my ford f150. windshield motor.

I don't want it to sounds bad from my mouth, but I really hope that ppl will start buying more ford and GMC, I want the american car companoes to get more business, may be we get more ppl to work here in America, I know that toyota and honda have factories in KY and OH, but the big money is going to Japan, so may this recall will boost the Sales for Ford and GMC.

Well Enterprise gave us a new car, only after we had to drive the 120km in the car that was recalled, and then had to rush and get on the 401 because they neglected to tell us they close at 12pm!! How ridiculous is that?

Anyway, we got a Hyundai Sonota, which I quite like.

I love my truck though, and we wouldn't buy anything other than Ford. The only issue I have with my truck is that it was an off the lot lease and well... the passenger side doors don't close properly. Never have, in fact in the rain they leak! And over bumps they rattle like nobodies business. IMO, bad quality control measures there but thats the only fault I have with it and all our other Ford cars and trucks in the past were great.

Back
Top Bottom