Tractor Supply bantam breed guesse

jillianjo

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 17, 2016
Got 4 assorted bantam chicks at Tractor Supply, any guesses on breed? No feathered legs. I was kind of assuming they were all Old English Gam bantams but I’m not familiar with the coloring for that breed.

IMG_6483.jpeg

IMG_6486.jpeg IMG_6485.jpeg

I’m guessing 3 and 4 are the same coloring, though one is quite a bit darker than the other.

IMG_6489.jpeg IMG_6487.jpeg

Got 4 assorted bantam chicks at Tractor Supply, any guesses on breed? No feathered legs. I was kind of assuming they were all Old English Gam bantams but I’m not familiar with the coloring for that breed.
Old English Game Bantams come in many colors, but they should all have clean feet (no feathered legs), and they should all have single combs.

I see that your chicks all have the clean feet, but #3 and #4 have rose combs. So those two are not Old English Game bantams.

I cannot see the combs of #1 and #2 well enough to be sure. If they are Old English Game Bantams, then #2 is probably the Black Breasted Red variety. #1 might be White, or Red Pyle, or maybe a few other colors.

#1 might also be a Black Tailed White Japanese Bantam (single comb).

#1 and #2 could also be Easter Egger Bantams (probably pea comb).

3 and 4 could possibly be gold seabrights? I am not 100% sure however.
I agree that they might be Sebrights. They have the rose combs, and the dark feet, and the color looks about right. I can't immediately think of any other bantam breeds that would look like that as chicks.

If they really are Gold Sebrights, they should be more obvious as their feathers grow. (And if they grow feathers that are obviously not gold laced, then the feather colors & patterns will be useful to figure out what they are instead.)

Back
Top Bottom