Tractor Supply Employee Knowledge About Chicks

When I decided that I wanted chicks, i studied the breeds that I thought I would want and how to raise them before I decided where to buy them from. I went to our local tsc store one saturday morning and bought 15 chicks from 3 different tanks that morning along with everything else I needed. There were I bet 3 different other customers buying chicks while I was waiting for my turn. They had one person in charge of the chicks I believe for the whole chick days. Everytime I went in to the store he was working. I also bought a Storey book and then found this website. the only person I'm upset with in myself because of my impulse to buy chicks that day I bought red pullets,straight run Speckled sussex and silkies and ended up with 7 roosters. My plan for chickens didn't include any roosters, but after reading on here I did keep one silkie rooster. The rest went to a small animals auction. If I decide to get replacements I plan on buying them from tsc again or a feed store.

We live pretty country up here in the Sierras-- the closest TSC is more than an hour a way and the local feed store is waay pricier... with limited choice as well (although they have a good range of chickens)-- I WISH the TSC was 2 min away... it would be great-- and I would buy the products I needed and could get there(supplies etc..)-- and probably go to the local store for my chicks (they didnt have the heritage breed I wanted so I didnt go to them this year)....

I got my chicks from TSC yesterday, and when I was reading the sign it said the minimums were Chicks: 6 and Ducks: 24? Why so much for ducks???? When I went to pick out my 6 bantams, I asked the lady what breeds they were and she said, "Well, these are bantams". Well duh, since the sign says Assorted Bantams.

I got my chicks from TSC yesterday, and when I was reading the sign it said the minimums were Chicks: 6 and Ducks: 24? Why so much for ducks???? When I went to pick out my 6 bantams, I asked the lady what breeds they were and she said, "Well, these are bantams". Well duh, since the sign says Assorted Bantams.
You can ask them what hatchery the chicks came from, then contact the hatchery for a list of what is included in their bantam mix.

Back
Top Bottom