Tractor Supply

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Has anyone ordered chicks recently through Tractor Supply?
How many chicks survived and how many died?
Were you happy with your order?

I plan on ordering 10 Polish chicks through Tractor Supply instead of waiting until spring for our local feed store to get them. I want your feedback first before I order though so I don't regret it after.

TSC gets their chickens from a hatchery, and are by no means experts when it comes to care, quality and sexing of chicks. I would buy directly from a hatchery or find a local breeder. I have purchased “Ameraucanas” from them, knowing that the chicks were truly Easter Eggers. I bought them directly from the store. Since you will be ordering anyway, my advice world be to buy directly from a hatchery. Be warned, tho....many hatcheries throw in cockerel packing peanuts as a way to get rid of their cockerels. Good luck!

TSC gets their chickens from a hatchery, and are by no means experts when it comes to care, quality and sexing of chicks. I would buy directly from a hatchery or find a local breeder. I have purchased “Ameraucanas” from them, knowing that the chicks were truly Easter Eggers. I bought them directly from the store. Since you will be ordering anyway, my advice world be to buy directly from a hatchery. Be warned, tho....many hatcheries throw in cockerel packing peanuts as a way to get rid of their cockerels. Good luck!

I plan on buying from a local breeder next year in February for a different breed but I'm wanting to get my mom some polish chicks as soon as possible and most local breeders I've talk to aren't hatching any more of polish until spring.

TSC's online birds do come directly from a hatchery -- Hoover's.

Has anyone ordered chicks recently through Tractor Supply?
How many chicks survived and how many died?
Were you happy with your order?

I plan on ordering 10 Polish chicks through Tractor Supply instead of waiting until spring for our local feed store to get them. I want your feedback first before I order though so I don't regret it after.

If you go to the website, you can read tons of reviews. All breeds have 4 or 5 stars. Hoover's Hatchery ships them to your post office via TSC's website and they'll replace or refund any that don't make it for whatever reason. They typically send extras, too.

If you go to the website, you can read tons of reviews. All breeds have 4 or 5 stars. Hoover's Hatchery ships them to your post office via TSC's website and they'll replace or refund any that don't make it for whatever reason. They typically send extras, too.

I thought Mypetchicken.com for one day olds and Meyer Hatchery most ages were more economical to buy, purchase, and ship. No sexing mistakes. Either place you order here all come from Meyer’s.

I worry about mixing birds from different hatcheries and/or breeders because of cross contamination of diseases. I stick with one breeder. I let him know what I'm looking for and he lets me know if/when he has them. That can make me anxious as I'm not generally patient when jonesing for a new bird. :oops: He also guarantees the sex and has traded me pullet for cockerel mistake.
I do know many people opt for online hatcheries and do very well. It's a personal decision. I'm so new at this, 9 months now, that I am not experienced enough to be comfortable mixing from other sources. And as tempting as those sweet babies are at TSC I know they mix up the sexes often and don't trade back, and they don't know the breeds more often than not so you get something you weren't looking for.
Just my take on it all. You research and do what suits you best.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom