Training Chickens to Demonstrate Flight

When I am concerned about birds trying to fly over my fence we spread out one wing, with some scissors, and clip only what you can see in the sunlight. Too deep and you will hurt the bird. The same wing, it throws them off balance and they can't fly over your fence or decide to live in a tree and roost there.

Ace now being taught his name. He flies about 15' horizontally for treat. He does it based on sight of eats rather than when called. He also lands hard. In adition to being het for grey (golden duckwing), he appears het for toppy.

I think Ace will look a lot like this when he matures. Bird shown also golden so heterozygous for grey / silver which is incomplete dominant. The toppy refers to the feathers sticking out on head. That is also an incomplete dominant character.

IMG_20130427_145314_zps0cbd4c37.jpg

Rooster in post # 25 not mine. He is simply a best guess approximation of what Ace will look like as an adult. Ace will differ obviously because he will not be dubbed.

When I am concerned about birds trying to fly over my fence we spread out one wing, with some scissors, and clip only what you can see in the sunlight. Too deep and you will hurt the bird. The same wing, it throws them off balance and they can't fly over your fence or decide to live in a tree and roost there.

You missed purpose of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom