Transporting Pekin Ducks

mllc

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2018
Hello, this is my first post on this forum, although I've been a visitor for a long time. I've joined to ask the following question. I currently have 1 Pekin duck, I started with a few, but over the course of the past year, I have lost a couple to predators (I have since secured their paddock) and recently my female died, I believe it was an infection, she was unable to stand without help and died less than 24 hours later. Her mate looks lonely, he has just been sitting out quacking in the snow (he has a nice, dry, draft free house, but doesn't use it.) I want to get him some friends, but I don't really want to raise more ducklings to adulthood right now.

There is a farm about two hours away giving away four adult ducks, three male, one female, all pekin / pekin blend. My question is how do I transport adult ducks safely? I no longer have a truck, I have a Subaru wagon, I was thinking of using a large dog crate and maybe doing two at a time and making two trips. When I brought them home as babies, I used a metal stock tank that just fit in the back of the car.

any advice is appreciated.

I bring Peking duck home in a brown paper bag. I hear they go well with duck sauce. Lol go on Craigslist in your area and post looking for large dog crate or med. I would use that to transport them.

Back
Top Bottom