Treated plywood then cedar dogeared fence pieces

Rachela

Songster
Apr 14, 2020
Wisconsin
I want the option to stain the exterior of the coop.
If I side with 1/2' treated plywood (will paint inside coop), then go over the plywood with the dogeared fence pieces, do you see any issues with this?
Not adding any vapor barrier or tyvek

Our entire coop structure is sided with dog eared fence pickets. It's still under construction, but I'm not too worried about it. We haven't decided if we'll stain the fence or not, my guess is we'll let it weather a bit though.

Our entire coop structure is sided with dog eared fence pickets. It's still under construction, but I'm not too worried about it. We haven't decided if we'll stain the fence or not, my guess is we'll let it weather a bit though.
Thanks for chiming in. Did you put plywood on inside at all? I'm considering as easier to paint interior and limits drafts for living in Wisconsin.

We didn't put any plywood on the interior. It's an option if the coop turns out to be drafty, but I don't think it's going to be where we are, but our setup would be easy to tuck in a way to block drafts.

We didn't put any plywood on the interior. It's an option if the coop turns out to be drafty, but I don't think it's going to be where we are, but our setup would be easy to tuck in a way to block drafts.
Good point. It would be easier not to as not sure if I'd then have to do a tyvek underneath.

Back
Top Bottom