Tree sap gathering and syrup making

Pics
I need to weld a new
:hugs

Spring is a long time away. You will be lots better by then! And maybe even get around to cleaning up your new equipment.

I had a fairly severe case of Covid, so it will be months before I recover. I need to weld a new arch to go under those pans. I know I won’t be getting that done this fall/winter.

I can finally go out to my shop for about an hour a day. But once I get there I mainly sit on my chair and look around.

then I can walk back to the house and take a 3
Hour nap.

I need to weld a new

I had a fairly severe case of Covid, so it will be months before I recover. I need to weld a new arch to go under those pans. I know I won’t be getting that done this fall/winter.

I can finally go out to my shop for about an hour a day. But once I get there I mainly sit on my chair and look around.

then I can walk back to the house and take a 3
Hour nap.
I know you’ve had it bad. :hugs I was just trying to be encouraging. As long as you can make some forward progress, you have hope, right?

It's getting close to tapping time. Started to get things organized.
Very little frost or snow so far this year. Although next week the temps are supposed to plummet. No major snow storms in my area forecasted for the next week or so.

Probably go check the main lines and laterals in the next couple weeks.

Anyone else getting ready?

It's getting close to tapping time. Started to get things organized.
Very little frost or snow so far this year. Although next week the temps are supposed to plummet. No major snow storms in my area forecasted for the next week or so.

Probably go check the main lines and laterals in the next couple weeks.

Anyone else getting ready?
Not for at least a month here.

I'm starting to think about it. I made a rocket stove arch two years ago to test the waters with the bare minimum of investment. It worked a little better than expected as far as getting syrup but it was too far away from the house to drive over every day or two to fire it up.

Then did not do anything last year.

This year, I'm thinking of moving the set up to the backyard. Fewer maple trees, but it isn't about the amount of syrup I get anyway.

Attachments

• 54CC22A6-83C1-459C-8E38-FE62584B444F.jpeg
    54CC22A6-83C1-459C-8E38-FE62584B444F.jpeg
    579.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 71F9FF8F-DE1A-4BDC-9D43-5016ECE9CEAA.jpeg
    71F9FF8F-DE1A-4BDC-9D43-5016ECE9CEAA.jpeg
    819.1 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom