Trials & Tribulations of growing up to be a good rooster

Ciqala

Songster
6 Years
Apr 14, 2013
New Hampshire
Meet Chong, named after the stoner from the well known movies due to his very laid back personality.

That's him on the left, and his two little girls.

The cockerel I decided to keep from this Spring's chicks is seemingly growing up to be a fine citizen, only time will tell though. I've got all fingers and toes crossed! Every night around this time I pass out something tasty to all of them, tonight it was blueberries. I was sure to feed them to the flock in their front yard, my three youngin's in the back yard under a leaning pallet.

Chong got SO excited over the pile of blueberries, he was grabbing them and running in circles calling his two little ladies. But lo and behold it wasn't long before about 10 adult hens came running to his call aiming right for him. LoL, the poor guy panicked, dropping the berry as his beak hit the floor and off he was running for his life, lol. Poor Chong, lol.

Awwwww! He sounds and looks like a real sweet guy. Lets hope he stays that way for you, right?
thumbsup.gif

This morning he "rode" one of the adult red sex links down the coop ramp, lol, the sneaky things the girls have to put up with being last out of the coop in the morning. Chong lost his balance when they got to the ground and she turned around and chased him right back into the coop to torment him and teach him a lesson. It's hysterical at times watching a young roo be brought up in the flock, lol.

Back
Top Bottom