Trouble with the neighbor.

Quote:
Yes the roos generally live in the back yard, and their bachelor pad (if I pen them) is there as well, between our houses.

I did specifically say to the police officer that he would be shooting AT my house if he did this. I actually expected more of a reaction from the cops than "we can do extra patrols"
hu.gif
and I was REALLY hoping for a written report, a paper trail to cover my butt ya know.

Quote:
Yes the roos generally live in the back yard, and their bachelor pad (if I pen them) is there as well, between our houses.

I did specifically say to the police officer that he would be shooting AT my house if he did this. I actually expected more of a reaction from the cops than "we can do extra patrols"
hu.gif
and I was REALLY hoping for a written report, a paper trail to cover my butt ya know.

Call back and DEMAND a paper trail...

Quote:

hu.gif

Call back and DEMAND a paper trail...

I went in person actually!

th.gif

I seriously doubt there will be much report writing over the holiday weekend, seeing as it's Saturday now all the non-emergency stuff is shut down.
idunno.gif

Tala, What I've done in the past when the police have been reluctant to take a report is to document everything myself. Spoke to officer x on this date at that time, informed him of y and he responded with b, etc...It can help a lot when they realize they need to cover their own backside if they let things get out of control. One of the officers should have went and had a chat with the neighbor.

I hope everything works out for you and your neighbor was just talking trash in the heat of the moment.

Quote:
I'm resting easier for a couple of days because I saw him come in this afternoon, hook up his boat and leave the area. I hope he stays out on the lake ALL weekend long!!!!!!!
fl.gif

I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night, so I'm sufferin right now. I need to be rested up to work on this problem - which is why I wasn't fully on my game when I visited the PD thisafternoon.

Dogs or chickens waking people up in the wee hours will cause neighbor issues.
Sooner or later.

I can understand his anger, but threatening to shoot roosters on your property
is a no-no.

spot

How big is your block of land? Do you still have 65 chickens with at least 18 of them roos? I need a bit more information before commenting on your problem. Sometimes it helps to have all the facts.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom