Trouble

thedeacon

Songster
11 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Midwest
Am I in trouble. I have 27 six wk olds. 15 different breeds and 18 are roos. I thought I would decide which roo I like best and keep it or them and put the rest in the freezer. They have plenty of space both inside and outside. The roos are starting to show their aggressiveness. It will be interesting to watch them to see if they will get along or if some will have to be seperated. I was hoping the aggression would not surface until about the age of butchering, but trouble has arrived. Wish me luck.

I got two roos in my feed-store order that was supposed to be all pullets - and I worried about the fighting, too. They just turned a year old and have gotten along fine. They tiff occasionally, but one always backs down.

Are you sure they're truly fighting, or are they just settling/reinforcing the pecking order? Do they have enough room so that the "loser" can get far enough away from the "winner"? Without getting into another roo's territory?

I suppose it could be the pecking order. But with as many as I have, there appears to be more agression than with just 1 or 2.

Back
Top Bottom