Troyergals Chat Thread!!!

Nice plumage for that age. :D Her tail carriage is certainly a bit low, even if she was just standing off-balance. Could improve, could worsen. That also gives her the unfavorably long body. And even for being that young, her comb's a bit small for the breed.
Overall nice bird despite her minor faults- all could be corrected in her offspring with some selective breeding. What are your plans for her? :p
That’s what I thought. Yeah, I was thinking that. I do know her comb is small, she’s low on pecking order so they beat her off the feed a bit.
Well that’s good to know. I don’t know yet. :p

@HeavensHens88
This is a little better picture of her stance, she normally carries her tail a little bit higher.

589DA9CD-73A6-4B04-9E81-4DF6A8BBEF8D.jpeg

I've only bought adult chickens once. The person claimed they were Jersey Giants, but they were actually Black Australorps crossed with Easter Eggers. I bought them anyway, because they sure looked cool! The rooster was still HUGE!

The camera is being very unflattering right now. With a naked eye it is a much darker shinier rooster with no weird spots. Downwind I could not get a good picture because he was silloueted to black and this is all you are going to get because he kept running from shadow to shadow like he was allergic to the sun. I will have to scare the pullets out of the shadows later. I didn't realize they act like vampires.View attachment 1532447 View attachment 1532445 View attachment 1532450
I guess he wasn't black with the sun to his back, the camera just showed that on it's screen. How dark he appears to a human. Now imagine him with shiny feathers.View attachment 1532451
Running from me and the camera.
View attachment 1532452
Just scared him out of a shadow here.
View attachment 1532453
After being in the sun for a year, Buckeye feathers fade and fall out. Mini Buckeye molting.
I have three old LF Buckeye right now, and seven or eight young ones. Most cockerels. Three promising looking cockerels and.... one pullet. A lot of them are too small or have inherited a bad comb from their mother, I intend to fix that.
@HeavensHens88
@HeavensHens88

@HeavensHens88
This is a little better picture of her stance, she normally carries her tail a little bit higher.

View attachment 1532922
I think the back slopes downward too much. It's just a little bit angled.
A hen with a nice back sweep in this link. Obviously bantam unlike yours, but still a Leghorn. I think this one isn't standing as alert as she could, but Google Images is fussy about what they choose to put out there.
She's nice otherwise.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=GGoUVlYq&id=DA6FD96937C866E21EABFD12128056F6FE4D7E78&thid=OIP.GGoUVlYqyR6y3I5_Ke8T4AHaFk&mediaurl=http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/26/fe/17/26fe17577eb42e271a6f326ed290e35e.jpg&exph=300&expw=399&q=show+quality+leghorn+hen+feathersite&simid=608055736859362872&selectedIndex=72&ajaxhist=0

Last edited:
Obviously bantam... Yeah, no. Never once have I known Dan to have Bantams. And anyone can tell it's a juvenile Leghorn. And he asked Sarah. O__o

Back
Top Bottom