True Comfrey or Russian Bocking 14- Which to feed?

907poultry

Songster
Mar 4, 2022
Is one toxic? I know RB 14 grows faster, and from root cuttings, and TC grows a bit slower but reseeds itself. Which do I grow for my poultry? I’m in zone 4 currently, but can start in doors, use hot beds, low tunnels, or a greenhouse if need be.

Is one toxic? I know RB 14 grows faster, and from root cuttings, and TC grows a bit slower but reseeds itself. Which do I grow for my poultry? I’m in zone 4 currently, but can start in doors, use hot beds, low tunnels, or a greenhouse if need be.
Bocking 4 (not 14) is recommended for animal fodder. I only grow 4 here. It’s lower in pyrrolizidine alkaloids (PAs) than 14 and tends to root a couple feet deeper than 14 so it can mine more minerals from deeper in the soil. here’s one of my plants in front of the coop. The girls pick at it, but don’t really bother it much.
1651185651218.jpeg

Last edited:
Bocking 4 (not 14) is recommended for animal fodder. I only grow 4 here. It’s lower in pyrrolizidine alkaloids (PAs) than 14 and tends to root a couple feet deeper than 14 so it can mine more minerals from deeper in the soil. here’s one of my plants in front of the coop. The girls pick at it, but don’t really bother it much.
View attachment 3083720
Wow. Mine won’t let it grow. They love it so much and I have to lock them up to give it time to grow back. The geese love it more than anyone.

Back
Top Bottom