Truly Blessed

Iowa Roo Mom

Resistance Is Futile
11 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Keokuk County
Since I moved into my first apartment I have always wanted a KitchenAid stand mixer. It has been on my "Christmas wish list" for the past 10 years. Mom always said, "Maybe someday when you get your own house" and I was always OK with that. It was never a "need".

When I finally did get "my own house", I needed other things and the stand mixer took the back burner. Last January, I said goodbye to "my own house", due to a blossoming new relationship and the hardships and sacrifices come along as "I" becomes "we" (we were both in financial trouble, and SO had lost his job) among other things.

Just a month ago, SO and I moved in to "our house". It is a new and different experience, and while I had to give up living in a home that had been in the family for nearly a century, I couldn't be happier. I have found my soul mate, the man who completes me. But to make a long story short- and to keep me from rambling any further...

Today a very dear friend and coworker (I call her "Momma Jan") because through the years she has become a 2nd mother to me, called me and asked me to come over and get my Christmas gift, as they would be out of town this weekend. I walked in the kitchen to find a box wrapped in camo (she knows me all too well!) She asked if I minded opening it there, so I tore into it. Low and behold, this was what I found inside...

29831_ka.jpg

I just wanted to share, not because I FINALLY got the KitchenAid mixer I have always wanted, but to take time to reflect that the most important things during Christmas time are not the material objects we receive, but the friends and family that make life special. I am not blessed because of my new KitchenAid mixer (though I cried I was so excited) The true reason I am blessed are the friends and family that I am so grateful I get to share my life with. God is good.

My parents and I just got a KitchenAid for my sister for Christmas, but we gave it to her before Thanksgiving so she could bake for the holidays, she chose Persimmon for the color. I think she cried too...
She had been using my grandmother's mixer and her daughter got a spoon stuck in the mixer while it was running and burned out the motor... My grandmother has been dead for 20+ years... they don't make things like that anymore.

Congratulations on your new home, new life and your NEW MIXER! I have one that I have had for many years - they last forever and I use it constantly - and I bought each of my daughters one after they got married, too.

Now...for the attachments...(it's kind of like 'chicken math')

Awww nice! I love red. I still remember when DH bought me my bosh. I use it all the time, I wish it came in red though.

Back
Top Bottom