Trust this incubator?

I haven't heard a lot of good about these but with anything you can make it work and hatch some eggs. I would hold out for a better one. I got one of my hovabators on Craiglsist for $40. Has a view window, fan, turner, ect.

it has no thermostat or fan it is just basically a dome with a light. save your money and put a light in a shoe box you will get the same results.
th.gif

LMAO ok good deal. She said it was like 6 inches across so I was feelin a bit iffy on it. That's so funny though. DW and I are now crackin jokes about throwing a light in one of the shoeboxes we just aquired lol. Good stuff. Haha threatening with Trader Joe's fertile eggs. Thank you's to ya both. I will go back to reworking the wording to convince the DW to get that 1588 hovabator with the turner.

Last edited:
You can get an LG for $40 from TSC. I have 2, and I get pretty good hatches out of them now. It took a few days to get the temps stable though the first time I used it......so leave it sit for days before first hatch.

I'm not gonna say how old I am, but 50 years ago I remember my dad bringing home one of those. We tried it several times til he finally went out and just bought us some chicks. They haven't changed. And you can laugh at the shoe box, but people on here have hatched with heating pads, electric skillets, and egg in the bra technique, and who knows what else. I think the biggest problem was the size being so small it was hard to regulate heat, and the side of the egg next to the bulb would get real hot.

Quote:
It is super useful(?) for one thing.. It gets the addiction started. Then after trying it a couple of times you go out and get a good incubator....or two.
idunno.gif

hovabator 1588.... now you are talking! welcome to the addiction. You will not regret buying a 1588 Get a turner and actually get a good nights sleep!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom