TSC bantam ID

K813ZRA

Songster
5 Years
Mar 29, 2016
Pennsylvania
My wife and I were at tractor supply and there were five little bantams sitting there so we took the little ones home with us (chicken math and all). Anyway, I have no idea what they are. I have some photos but they are from my phone and I am no photographer. They are clean legged if that is not visible in the photo and have four toes. I asked where they get their chicks from and the response was hoovers but it seemed more like a question than an answer. I don't know if that helps or not.

Any guesses?

Thanks!

Well they are some kind of Silver Partridge. Built on the e+(wildtype) allele. The allele is the basic canvas upon which the other colors and maybe the genes that modify them are painted.
These should grow up to be real pretty birds. Best, Karen

Go to Hoover website. See if they have pics of their breeds in chick down. Look for a match . Failing that, try Murray McMurray hatchery. I think they have down pics,
Best, Karen

Been looking around. They are, as described above , a silver duckwing. I will guess,.. Silver duckwing old English game bantams. Time will tell,
1f600.png
Best, Karen

Thank you, I was just looking at catalogs and that is what I came up with was a OEG. :) Those are very pretty birds so that would be nice! Heh, it will be great to watch them grow.

Checked Hoover's bantams section. Only one I think it could be is the "assorted old English". Only ones with a silver duckwing and the adults in that pic are silver duckwing. So that is what your chicks should grow up look like. Very pretty birds!! Best , Karen

There are two pics in the old English bantam section. The one I am writing of is the one with the golden necked bird in the very front of the pic. Those are silver duckwing. Best , Karen

Back
Top Bottom