TSC Chick Days: What breeds?

Quote:
I go to Parksley Livestock Supply, in (yup you guessed it) Parksley. I get my feed from them, but I too got most of my supplies from TSC. Be careful, as they are not the most knowledgable people. So ask your questions on here and be prepared by time you get there
smile.png

Thank you! That's only 20 miles up the road so much better than Pocomoke, at least for food.

Quote:
I go to Parksley Livestock Supply, in (yup you guessed it) Parksley. I get my feed from them, but I too got most of my supplies from TSC. Be careful, as they are not the most knowledgable people. So ask your questions on here and be prepared by time you get there
smile.png

Thank you! That's only 20 miles up the road so much better than Pocomoke, at least for food.

My thoughts exactly! They also sell different feeds and seeds by the pound, which I thought was really cool. If my bag of chick starter runs out, and I just need a little bit more before I switch feeds I can buy just a pound or two, instead of another 50lb bag. And I buy my BOSS (black oil sunflower seeds) from them too.

Quote:
Anyone know where on their website? I've scoured it and can't find anything resembling a chick "order form". If you type "chick" in their search box you get all the chick/chicken related products they sell. Any advice?

We went a little late to our TSC. They had cornish xs in a seperate bin, ducks, assorted pullets(white leghorns, partridge rocks, amberlinks,RIR) and straight run(RIR,NHR,gold comets,amberlinks,barred rocks). They had the breeds listed right above the bins. I just wanted 6 pullets. The guy talked my Husband into 12 because he said that you needed a rooster if you wanted eggs! Well, they were his birthday present, so no big deal.

I wont buy from our TSC due to the fact they dont care for them properly, they are in a messy tub, water is alway gross and food mostly empty, even with employees standing there beside them and none of them thinking this is wrong.

Last year the TSC carried Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, Assorted Bantam's, Cornish X's, Leghorns and different breeds of ducklings. If I have a broody hen or 2 by the time the chicks come out for Easter I'm going to buy at least 2 BR's, 1 RIR and maybe a couple of Bantam cochins.

In Middletown, CT so far this sea son they've had straight run which looked like leghorns. Female egyptian fayoumi, RI reds, their híbrid tints and a NH/RI red hybrid

Back
Top Bottom