TSC? Handcuffs? Wow.

Take a look at my signature line... We are hosting the NE chicken stock this year again
big_smile.png
Might find what you're looking for... Or not what your looking for
lol.png
May 14th - You should join us!!

Quote:
I may consider it! Only thing I saw that I was after is the Bantam Cochins, though. I saw Silkies, but I am after colored (blue, molted, partridge, calico, ect). I could bring some of the ones I don't want as well. Most are roosters though...

I was going to call corporate, but I figured they'd just let it go. Ultimately, I'd want the guy severely punished - a gift card would be nice, but it's not going to help others who may have to go through the same thing. Fired sounded good, but he may have a family to take care of. I doubt he was a manager, though. He wasn't firing on all cylinders, if you know what I mean. I'm not saying he was disabled or anything, but he wasn't manager material. I need the 1-800 number again, but I know the store number and the guys name. I think I'll call them tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with such an obnoxious you know what! I would write a letter to the corporate office about the incident and let them know how disappointed you are with the situation. The sad fact is, that companies like TSC and other large chain corporations are all about the bottom dollar.
bow.gif

I just met a family that had bought an Easter Bunny at TSC.
They had bought the setup for the new bunny there as well. Unfortunately, the bunnies that were being sold were not weaned and died the next day.
hu.gif
The daughter was sadly dissapointed finding a dead bunny in the morning. When I asked her how big the babies were, she said they just barely fit in your hand!
hit.gif
They could not possibly have been weaned. I really hate that anyone sells animals just to make a dollar! I won't let one of my bunnies go until they are 4 weeks into eating solid food, away from their mother. I raise and show Jersey Woolies and Fuzzy Lops. I sent the little girl home with a 4 month old, sweetie JW rabbit. I included complete care instructions, a grooming comb, adoption papers and the first weeks food and hay. I know she will have a tame and healthy pet.
Our local TSC's have poultry and small animal swap meets. I think that is a good idea. It takes the responsibiity of animal sales off of the clerks at the stores. Most of them don't have a clue about what farming is anyway. I tried to buy sime chicken grit at TSC and asked an employee what isle it was on. He looked at me like I was crazy! He said "You can't buy grits here, try Wal-Mart."
th.gif

Stupid people! It is a good thing God loves them too!
Good luck! I hope you have better experiences in the future!
bun.gif

Last edited:
Wow! We have an Orshlens that I get my chicks at and they always have a huge variety of chicks (welsummer, black astrolorps, RIR, Cornish X, EE's, SLW, GLW, as well as sex link chicks and bantams) and everyone seems well informed and helpful.

I went to TSC for chick feed and couldn't find it some guy helped me and gave me unmedicated feed I didn't even look I just bought it. I think he could have at least asked me what I was using. The TSC's here only have bantams, broilers and ducks when I go there. I won't go back I just went there because I was nearby and needed feed.

I only agree with him on one thing. That is the taking care of the customer. He needed to take care of the current customer wether they knew anything about chicks or not. BUT for him to say he would have called the cops.... He lied. And I myself would have stayed there and LOVED to speak with a police officer. You did nothing legally wrong. You didn't do ANYTHING AT ALL wrong. I got 9 Light Baramas and they said they were sexed pullets but i ended up with a straight run. They gave me 10 free chicks and were super nice about it all. They were very sorry and one of the workers said she will take all my roo's. But they need to get there things together and not keep mixing things up! I would have called TSC main office and raised hell about it!

I've had my share of problems with TSC this year, I won't go into detail, but if I had no had a "nice" salesperson, and had your salesperson instead, I et he would've called the cops on me also.

Neither time would the manager come out and talk to me, the saleperson had to go to the manager with my questions, then come back and relay the answer, which was neither time what I wanted to hear.

I did write to corporate, and I never heard back. I have a problem with their 6 chick minimum order, with no exceptions, but they can sell 2 ducklings to a mom and her 6 year old boy for a school project, when mom clearly didn't want them, and stated that they would be outside if they were messy.

The salesperson, who I actually know, ended up quitting, because of their policies and treatment of the chicks.

I still shop there, but only for our dogfood, which we can get for a third of the price than we can anywhere else. I just steer clear of the chick area now.

I would call the store talk to the manager then go up the chain of to the head office. No way I would let then slide. To act that way is not right at all and he had no reason to call the police he said that to get you to leave. He does have to help customs but not stand and talk to them about everything give them the chicks and send them to that area that has the feed ect. Sorry this happened. I hope you can get at least an apology from someone.

I really dont understand how chain stores work even though I work at one. I work at Rural King. Started about a month ago and work in the farm department. I make sure the brooders are clean the chicks are fed and watered and they are marked as correctly as possible. The hatchery, when they send the chicks have the boxes marked like one square production reds, one buff orpingtons etc. So I put them in brooders and hang a sign that says what kind. But when they send hatchery choice thats all it says. I wish they would put what kinds they have in the hatchery choice. Yesterday we got in a shipment. On the hatchery choice I know we got red and black sex link but one I think was brown leghorns. So I tell the customer the ones I know and then tell them what I THINK is the other but am not 100%. We have a kid that works there that acts like the one you had. Managment knows how he is and does nothing. I dont understand. I feel that if I acted that way I would be fired, not that I ever would. It is really stressful when you have 10 customers asking questions all at once but I try to take care of one customer at a time and let the others know I am not ignoring them and will be with them asap. I have got alot of compliments on that, but once in awhile you get one that no matter what you do is not good enough. As for the people who didnt know about chickens but wanted to learn I would have said let me take care of these people that just want chicks then I can spend more time with you. Usually they are happy with that and let me take care of the easier orders first. Even though nothing may be done I would complain any way. Sometimes managment doesnt know and if corporate finds out something will usually be done. Customers are their money. Take away customers, no money. Dont worry about him having a family because evidently he isnt or he wouldnt act that way at his job. I am so sorry that happened to you. What he was trying to do was make a sell. The feed store dont make money selling chicks their money is made by what else they can sell with them. I think if you give good customer service even if they buy only one thing they will be back to buy more.

I strongly dislike TSC. I posted a rant around here somewhere a few days ago on their irresponsible sales of chicks and small animals and the failure of the company to respond to questions about their supposed "TSC exclusive" Tetra Tints chicks. The company is clueless from the top down. They have one thing I like, though. They have a bulletin board in the back where several local breeders post their ads.

Back
Top Bottom