Turkey acting oddly

AMaggio

Songster
Jun 21, 2019
Hi all, this is my first year with Turkeys and I have one broad-breasted white that started acting oddly last night. With it being winter I have been keeping them medium sized coop overnight and on pasture during the day. Last night one went and sat down under one of my shade structures and didn't want to move. Since it wasn't getting too cold last night and that area is protected from wind and raid I let it stay out. I half wondered if it was getting broody or something because it has started to warm up and my chickens are slowly getting that way as well. This morning, however, it was just sitting in the pasture with its head down and eyes closed. It's not calling to me like it used to and won't answer the calls of the other turkeys, I have three total. It's usually the odd man out and spends more time with my Muscovy ducks who also share that pasture. Right now she's moved into the turkey's winter coop and is sitting in a corner face to the wall with her eyes closed. She responds if you touch her but she won't get up unless prodded and walks slowly. This was out of the blue and I'm not sure what might be wrong. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom