Turkey crow collar?

BReeder!

Crossing the Road
6 Years
Mar 12, 2018
Plainfield, IL
My Coop
My Coop
I have seen people who have success with crow collars on roosters. I am wondering if it would work on a tom turkey to keep gobbling to a minimum. We have a 1/3 acre lot with neighbors on both sides and behind us. I have 4 turkeys growing out right now. I would like to keep a tom if I could to breed them next year. I just cannot torture my neighbors with a gobbling turkey, or else they will torture me.

I have seen people who have success with crow collars on roosters. I am wondering if it would work on a tom turkey to keep gobbling to a minimum. We have a 1/3 acre lot with neighbors on both sides and behind us. I have 4 turkeys growing out right now. I would like to keep a tom if I could to breed them next year. I just cannot torture my neighbors with a gobbling turkey, or else they will torture me.
If you can't have a tom turkey gobbling all the time, invite him to dinner his first Thanksgiving. I have never heard of a crow collar for turkeys and hope they never make one. I would consider it cruel punishment. You are better off without tom turkeys if you and your neighbors can't tolerate the gobbling.

If you can't have a tom turkey gobbling all the time, invite him to dinner his first Thanksgiving. I have never heard of a crow collar for turkeys and hope they never make one. I would consider it cruel punishment. You are better off without tom turkeys if you and your neighbors can't tolerate the gobbling.
To be clear, I could tolerate gobbling. I would even enjoy it. I just don't think the neighbors would tolerate it. I have seen a rooster with a crow collar and it didn't seem bothered by it at all. Perhaps if it wasn't properly fitted it would be a problem. I appreciate the opinion for sure though, and I certainly do not want to treat any animal cruelly.

Crowing & gobbling are instinctive behaviors. It has biological meaning for these birds. Any attempt to quell their natural calls would be cruel & make for one frustrated bird. I agree with R2elk....cruel punishment.

Are you allowed to keep poultry and more specifically roosters where you live? If you are allowed to keep roosters then a turkey tom’s gobbling won’t be prohibited.
I am allowed to keep poultry and have a permit for them. However roosters are prohibited. Toms are not specified. I am trying to keep the neighbors happy as we get along with them and are trying to keep it that way.

Back
Top Bottom