Turkey egg storage before incubating, storage requirements?

horselv2003

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 6, 2013
I have heard that turkey eggs need to be kept between 50-65 degrees and at 70 percent humidity. How critical is the humidity percentage? I have got my storage humidity up to 58 so far, is this good or do I need to get it up higher to be able to store turkey eggs for incubation in about a week?

When I'm storing my chicken eggs I don't even worry about humidity. I just collect for a week, turn daily, and keep them cool. The air cells are always very tiny when I set them which means they haven't really lost any moisture. My eggs are in the basement so it might just be naturally more humid down there.

If there is a problem with keeping them on the counter at 60 to 70 degrees I guess I will find out because that's were I have always kept mine.
I just put a bunch in the Incubator.
What I do is place them in a paper egg carton big end up until I have enough to use.
I don't know if there is a big difference between Chicken eggs and Turkey eggs in how they are kept but this is how I have done my chicken eggs and always had a good hatch rate of the ones that are fertile.
This will be my first Turkey egg hatch attempt and I am hoping for the best.

I found some good info but not all questions answered at this web site.

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/pou3573

I do like everyone else. I just leave them out on my chest freezer in the corner in the kitchen and turn 2-3 times a day. Have not had any incubating problems.

My house is usually at 76 - 77 degrees all day long the only thing is is that the humidity here in Arizona is really low. I set up and extra fridge and got it to 72 percent humidity and about 56 degrees so I was just wondering how close this is to being good. Looks like it's not as critical as I thought so it looks like I have something that would work.

Back
Top Bottom