turkey injury help! big hole in her side :(

I would just clean the wound and the area around it.

-Kathy

We used an almost empty dish detg. bottle (large size) and added warm water to it and shook. We used this to clean the area, squirting the soapy water forcefully, we then patted dry and sprayed with a betadine solution. oral antibiotics for 3 weeks and cleaning every other day with swat and then trip. ant. ointment applied on the days in between cleanings.

We used an almost empty dish detg. bottle (large size) and added warm water to it and shook. We used this to clean the area, squirting the soapy water forcefully, we then patted dry and sprayed with a betadine solution. oral antibiotics for 3 weeks and cleaning every other day with swat and then trip. ant. ointment applied on the days in between cleanings.

Thank you for your posts and pics! I will follow what you did as her situation seems very similar to what your's was. Can I get swat at tractor supply? Very grateful for this advice.

Thank you for your posts and pics! I will follow what you did as her situation seems very similar to what your's was. Can I get swat at tractor supply? Very grateful for this advice.

I got mine at TSC, so you should be able to as well. Good luck w/ her.
hugs.gif

I have had great success with Vetricyn Hydro Gel. It comes in a 4 oz spray bottle and is easy to use. After cleaning the wound, spray the Vetricyn directly on the wound. The hydro gel part makes it stick to the wound. Apply 3-4 times a day until healed. Our local Farm Supply carries it, as well as our vet. I use this on every animal that gets a wound. I love this stuff. Apply the swat after it has had a chance to dry up.

Back
Top Bottom