Turkey Talk for 2014

I love watching poults sleep. So cute!

Agreed!! Cute babies!!

Okay I have noticed one of my poults that hatched May 5 walking around fluffed up with its wings hanging. It kinda looks like its strutting, but at 8 weeks who knows. Its eating and drinking just like the other. they are flying up on a low bar to roost. I haven't found any abnormal poop in their coop. I just put new shavings in there so it is easy to check. Is there something I'm missing or need to check for?

Okay I have noticed one of my poults that hatched May 5 walking around fluffed up with its wings hanging. It kinda looks like its strutting, but at 8 weeks who knows. Its eating and drinking just like the other. they are flying up on a low bar to roost. I haven't found any abnormal poop in their coop. I just put new shavings in there so it is easy to check. Is there something I'm missing or need to check for?

One of my boys started strutting around 2-3 weeks old, still wearing more down than feathers! So cute.

You're in GA -- how hot is it there? Sometimes they'll drop their wings when it's a bit hot, but not quite hot enough to pant. But he shouldn't be fluffed up.

Sometimes it's a matter of perception -- does he seem fluffed up, wings dropped, and parading around proudly? Or does he seem fluffed up, wings dropped, and moping around sickly?

Can you post pictures?

This is what my 7 week old poult looks like strutting, does yours look similar?

Last edited:
I'll get a pick when I get home. Mine are not as feathered out because I had them in a kennel in the garage and although they did not have a light it was warm in there.

Mine live in the garage also. With no light, I took it away at about 4ish weeks old. They only recently in the last week or so started coming outside during the day.

Back
Top Bottom