Turkey Talk for 2014

Looks like my BBB eggs are duds-again. Sad thing is, that's what my hen is sitting on. Apparently those eggs aren't viable, even if fertile. The BR eggs I bought look to be developing. It was way too early to candle, but I *had* to know. I'll check them again before I toss them, but, bummer. Now I need to find my hen some eggs, pronto. Anyone in north central TX or south central OK have turkey eggs for sale?

I have another hen that should be laying.. just haven't figured out for sure where her nest is... if she is.. and I can find it.. I'll let you know

the rule around here is.. if I get to feed my addiction..my husband gets to feed his

same rule needs to apply at your place..

more birds for you
more bunnies for the husband!
(in other words.. get that man some more bunny cages.. and pick up some new bird breeds for yourself while you're at it)!

LOL.. aint that the truth...When my Dh looked around and asked if I was finally done with buying chicks or incubating eggs I only had to ask if he was done with the rabbits, or better yet, his collection of old guns and tools... I told him if he can never have enough WW2 guns I cannot have enough chickens
lau.gif

I have another hen that should be laying.. just haven't figured out for sure where her nest is... if she is.. and I can find it.. I'll let you know

Thanks! I guess the BBB's can continue to be my egg layers until I get some more chickens grown up.

the rule around here is.. if I get to feed my addiction..my husband gets to feed his

more birds for you
(in other words.. get that man some more bunny cages.. and pick up some new bird breeds for yourself while you're at it)!
But we have no spare clean cages for his rabbits. I have 4 cages that need Spring to come ( we got snow last night ) to I can get them good and scrubbed out and then let them air dry in the sun. That would be the 4 cages he needs for his bunnies.... I refuse to buy any more cages until all the current cages are cleaned and filled. lol

DH is set that I am full up on poultry. We have 11 Welsummer chicks, 10 bantams, 3 pekin ducklings, 6 Rouen ducklings, 36 turkey eggs in the incubatr and 12 Cayuga ducks eggs in the incubator.

Quote:

more birds for you
But we have no spare clean cages for his rabbits. I have 4 cages that need Spring to come ( we got snow last night ) to I can get them good and scrubbed out and then let them air dry in the sun. That would be the 4 cages he needs for his bunnies.... I refuse to buy any more cages until all the current cages are cleaned and filled. lol

DH is set that I am full up on poultry. We have 11 Welsummer chicks, 10 bantams, 3 pekin ducklings, 6 Rouen ducklings, 36 turkey eggs in the incubatr and 12 Cayuga ducks eggs in the incubator.
Sounds to me like you are just getting started!

Quote:

Sounds to me like you are just getting started!
We had moved back to the city for several years. Sold our entire flock. Out in the country now and the landlord wants to get more animals. We have found we are providing daily care and the landlord just asks after them and never does any daily care. We just don't want to be doing all of the work and only getting half the reward..

Looks like my BBB eggs are duds-again.  Sad thing is, that's what my hen is sitting on.  Apparently those eggs aren't viable, even if fertile.  The BR eggs I bought look to be developing.  It was way too early to candle, but I *had* to know.  I'll check them again before I toss them, but, bummer.  Now I need to find my hen some eggs, pronto.  Anyone in north central TX or south central OK have turkey eggs for sale? 

Where are you located? I'm in Ponder, north of Ft Worth. I have royal palm and royal palm x blue slate eggs being laid now. Excellent fertility, already hatched out 16, 13 in the hatcher now and another 38 already in my incubator. Pm me if you want some at $3 each. I'm P-T tested/NPIP.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
lau.gif

I can see that you all are just enablers...... I already gave the yarn purchase enablers and the rabbit enablers now you all are goingbto enable my hatching addiction along with my poultry addiction..... I am so going to have to hit the lottery so I can keep up with my addiction.....lol
You are all so right! My lil BR is trilling and happy now, and I have more turkey babies
love.gif

I swear they are just too sweet to be real. DH can't stop holding them. He sent pics off his phone to everyone we know.
Have 4 more locked down before my hen went broody. She has 2 real eggs under her... 2 weeks in now!
She will not leave the nest. I gave her a waterer and feed dish in her dog crate.

Back
Top Bottom