Turkey Talk for 2014

I found the pics of the turkey we had for Thanksgiving dinner. We had to have it cooked by a professional in his smoker and the legs came up and stopped the turner.
He almost was not able to cook it. It would not fit in out oven.

What breed of turkey was it? How was it? I have never had home grown turkeys before.I was just wondering.I have some narragansett and royal palms.They are just pets though.If I know that we are going to eat them I dont handle them. I would never be able to butcher them if I baby them and hold them all the time.It looks good and juicy inside.

This was a Broad Breasted Bronze tom we raised the Broad Breasted two toms and a hen. The other tom is still in the freezer.I still have the hen. But we did raise these for the table. It was very juicy and tender. Everyone loved it. My son is asking for another one this year. lol

I did not process him, I bartered 4 chicken to a guy in exchange for him processing the toms for us.
I will raise some more and do it again. Well worth it.

This was a Broad Breasted Bronze tom we raised the Broad Breasted two toms and a hen. The other tom is still in the freezer.I still have the hen. But we did raise these for the table. It was very juicy and tender. Everyone loved it. My son is asking for another one this year. lol

I did not process him, I bartered 4 chicken to a guy in exchange for him processing the toms for us.
I will raise some more and do it again. Well worth it.

Very nice!

I have my first broody turkey hen! I am so excited! She has about 10 eggs but the other hen is jumping in the nest and laying daily.

Congrats! I have two girls sitting on the floor at the corner of the feed trough, next to the poult brooder door. They picked the highest traffic area we have, and a 25 pound hen and a 10 pound hen are co-sitting the "nest"...at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom